Hi senior project folks,
Please fill out this survey.
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
14 November 2014
On Friday, November 22nd, Trillium high school students will have the opportunity to participate in a college visit to Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington. Evergreen is a progressive, public liberal arts and sciences college in which students work closely with instructors, design their own course of study, and receive in-depth narrative evaluations in place of letter grades.
All students earnestly interested in exploring Evergreen as a post-high school choice are encouraged to attend, though students must commit to attending the trip by Tuesday, November 19th. Please contact Ken via email (Ken@trilliumcharterschool.org) or in person to reserve a spot for your student.
The cost of this trip is covered by the Activity Fee, as it is one of our community building enterprises. It is only through the collection of Activity Fees from families that events like this are possible. Currently, the Activity Fee balance is too low for us to offer as many experiences to students as we have planned for the year. If you wish to make an additional contribution to the Activity Fee, please see Sharon Mabaet, receptionist, or Debra Lazzeratti, operations manager.
- College visit to Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington
- Friday, November 22nd.
- Leaving Trillium at 8:00 AM and returning at 3:00 PM (Please note that students will need to arrive to school early for this trip).
- Bring: a lunch, or money to purchase one on campus in Olympia.
High school Advisors would be happy to answer any questions or hear any celebrations or concerns about this college trip.
The High School Team
Posted by Ken Gadbow at 12:28 PM
Sunday, October 06, 2013
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Tuesday, April 02, 2013
April 3, 2013
Dear Parents of the Class of 2013,
Happy spring to you all. We are entering into the home stretch for senior projects (20 days and counting!) and there are some important events to keep in mind as we move toward graduation.
- Senior Projects are due to all Project Review Committee (PRC) members on Monday, April 22nd. Seniors must submit a copy of their written portion (and sensory portion as appropriate) to each of the members of their PRC on that day. Failure to do so significantly inconveniences the very people who will be grading the work - students should turn it in on time!
- Senior Portraits will be taken by professional photographer and proud parent of a Trillium alumni, Errol Cox on Thursday, April 4th during senior project class. Photographs will be included in the yearbook at no cost to Trillium. Students and families wishing to purchase a series of posed shots may do so by contacting Errol through Facebook. He takes beautiful photographs, offers packages at very reasonable prices, and is one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet.
- Candidates for graduation will professionally present and defend their projects at a Final PRC Meeting between Tuesday, April 30th, and Friday May 3rd. Meetings are 80 minutes in length and will take place during the school day. After presentation and deliberation, Project Review Committee members will make one of four determinations: Fully Approved, Approved with Minor, Approved with Major, or Rejected. Any determination short of Fully Approved indicates that the candidate must make adjustments to his/her/their project in order to be considered satisfactory for graduation.
- Senior Project Night is a wonderful showcase of students' work and will take place on Friday, May 10th. Students will each have one 30-45 minute slot to present their work to parents, family members, and friends. The event takes place at Trillium. All seniors are expected to attend for the duration of the event, and their families and friends are encouraged to do so as well. Mark your calendars as this event is amazing and should not be missed!
- Senior Dinner will be held at La Prima Dolce on the corner of North Denver and North Killingsworth on Thursday, June 6th at 7:00 PM. This event is for the class of 2013 and their teachers only.
- Graduation announcements are professionally designed and will be delivered May 1st. Andrew Bean, lawyer, graphic designer, and husband of high school science teacher Christina Aucutt has volunteered his superb skills to create our own unique invites. We have budgeted 15 invites per student, but will gladly produce more if need be. Indicate on the Senior Package form below (due by Monday, April 15th) if you would like to order additional announcements.
- Class of 2013 Commencement will be held Saturday, June 8th at the Moriarty Arts and Humanities building room 104 at PCC-Cascade from 2:00 to 4:30. Doors open to families at 1:35. Members of the Class of 2012 are to arrive at 12:00. Each student will be allotted 15 tickets; families are welcome to trade tickets to meet their particular circumstances.
- Caps and gowns have arrived and are black. We use a cap and gown company that rents us high quality robes and caps. Students will be able to keep the tassels.
- The Senior Package includes:
- Rental of cap and gown
- Purchase of Tassel
- 15 graduation announcements (cost is $1 each for additional)
- Senior Dinner at La Prima Dolce
- Total cost is $48.00.
Checks should be made payable to Trillium Charter School, and given to the front desk by Monday, April 15th. Scholarships are available to those for whom this fee presents significant economic hardship. Please include the attached form when paying.
I would be happy to help with any questions you might have around your graduates’ experience. It is a blessing to work with this group of students. Thank you, parents for creating such amazing people.
Posted by Ken Gadbow at 10:17 PM