Saturday, November 06, 2010

Taunia Mann, Class Liaison Extraordinaire

Hello Ken's Advising Families-

I am Taunia Mann, and my husband Mike and I are your parent liaisons for the year. Our role is to keep you all updated with information or needs from Ken and our advising class.

Here we go:

Trillium needs PAPER! You have probably received the all school letter that went out today detailing why we need paper. The goal is for each family to purchase and bring in one box of paper this year. One box should cost $20-$30.
-
Sign up on this google spreadsheet. Drop off your box of paper at the office during the beginning of the month for which you sign up. I will send an e-mail reminder to you at the beginning of your month. If you find it on sale, let us know so we can all take advantage of the savings.

Ken conveyed some items that he and the students would love to have.
Clipboards (I started last year with 25. I started this year with 6. Where do they go?)
A steady supply of butter and peanut butter. The snack station in my room is well visited and now well-stocked with bread, thanks to John and Connie Ross. Sometimes we have things to put on the toast. Sometimes we don't.
Poster board.
Large heavy quality paper for painting or drawing.
This one is going to sound odd: squeezy things. Some jittery students can focus better if they have something to play with that will not distract them. It would be awesome to have some of those springy flexy jobbies like this one just sitting out on tables for students to use. Seems like some parents must have one of those lying around that they never use, or might find one at the Bins.
I am trying to buy extra peanut butter when it goes on sale. Butter, too. My goal is to send in a tub of PB and a pound of butter a week. No sugar in the PB, please. If you can contribute any items from this lovely list, Ken and the kids would greatly appreciate it.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Thank you!!
Taunia
mama to Colin Mann- gr. 10

No comments: